Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Blessings Abundant

I do a daily devotional journal called The Daily Light Journal. The Daily Light was first published by Samuel Bagster in 1794, then in 2004 Anne Graham Lotz put the Scripture in the NKJV, and added a journaling area. I LOVE IT! I've filled 2 and am close to filling the third. One particular entry was a lot of fun and although it was assigned for August 6, it is very appropriate for America's Thanksgiving holiday.

So, meditate upon some of the awesome Scriptures from this devotional piece, then maybe you can follow through with the "assignment"... once a teacher, always a teacher - can't get away from homework. :)

O Lord our God, all this abundance... is from Your hand, and is all Your own" 1 Chronicles 29:16


Of Him and through Him and to Him are all tings, to whom be glory forever. Amen. Romans 11:36

The living God ... gives us richly all things to enjoy. 1 Timothy 6:17

My God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:19

Take a look before we start our assignment at that last verse I listed. "Riches" - we often think of riches monetarily, but God, I feel, has a far different view of riches. PRICELESS riches are more along His line of thinking, I believe. A Godly heritage, health, peace, joy... Priceless riches from HIS hand.

Now, for the fun assignment. Make an alphabetical list - A through Z - of God's blessings in your life. It might seem a difficult task at first, but once you get started - WOW! Look what God has done!

Here's mine:

A - Alesia; she signs my paycheck!!! :)
B - my Brother and his precious family
C - Corbin - "I don't care if your eighty, you'll always be my baby..." :)
D - Dustin - my snuggle bug / Daddy
E - Eternal life!
F - Friends, family, faith
G - GRACE
H - home, heritage, homeschooling friends, health
I - my wonderful mother- and father-In-law
J - Jesus!!
K - Ability to Kneel before my King
L - Love has surrounded me all the days of my life - what a blessed Life!
M - Mark / Momma / Mindi - my angel
N - Nail-scarred hands
O - God is Omnipotent, Omnipresent, Omniscient!!
P - Power of Prayer
Q - Quickening of the Spirit
R - Rhonda - my "sister"
S - Shane - our firstborn son, our "little" drummer boy
T - Tracy - my AWESOME manager!
U - Undying, Undeserved love
V - VICTORY!
W - the Word - the LIVING Word!
X - XL clothes... *deep sigh*
Y - His YOKE is easy.
Z - ZERO bills due right now! HALLELUJAH!!!


"Thank You, Lord, for saving me,
for giving me the hope of eternity,
Thank You, Lord, for Calvary
and sending Jesus Christ for me.
For it's by the blood of the Lamb
that He doesn't see me as I am.
And it's by the cross of Calvary
that He sees me holy..." (by jan,2001)

Okay, your turn!

2 comments:

Vicki said...

Loved reading this, Jan. God bless you and Happy Thanksgiving! So many blessings, but knowing Christ is the best of all.

love,
Vicki

Leila - mommyof4 said...

What a great project... might have to put words to that myself when I get the time!! Hope you had a great holiday!