Monday, June 18, 2007

Where are Your Fingerprints?

Fingerprints fascinate me. How can millions of people be on the earth and no two have the same fingerprint? And to think, everything I touch bears my print -- even when I don't realize it. Walking around in a department store, I often wonder how many fingers have touched the cart I'm pushing. How many fingers have touched this dollar bill? How many prints could be found on the article of clothing I'm considering?

What if a dusting of your fingerprints took place. What would others see? Have you left fingerprints in places you'd be ashamed of? I have. My past -- Whoa! Would I really want my children to know all the places my fingers left prints?

What about their fingerprints? Where are they being left?

My cousin and I were discussing this a while back. She and her family were missionaries in Mexico... consider all the fingerprints they left behind. My husband and I were "missionaries" in a boarding school in KY... we left fingerprints.

Our lives are an accumulation of fingerprints. Hugs leave fingerprints, as will a pat on the back, a handshake... Yet quite the opposite is also true -- molestation leaves fingerprints...

Consider this. What if your heart left "prints"? What if for everyone you encouraged, you left a heartprint. For everyone you shared the love of Jesus with, you left a heartprint.

Of course we know fingerprints won't last forever on an object, but a heartprint can.

What kind of prints are you leaving behind?

No comments: