Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Yes! I Will Praise Him

Ever have those times when you think, "Okay, God. What else can I do? You promised abundant life..."?

Yeah; me, too.

He just gives and gives and gives, and I'm so very thankful, but you know what? I want more!! Is that not so selfish! I pray for forgiveness, and I pray for God to change my heart... "Please, Lord, get me to that place Paul was so I can be content in whatever state I'm in!!" Whew! Do I ever seem to struggle.

BUT today I'm clinging to what I guess is my most favorite passage of Scripture - Habakkuk chapter 3. I love Habakkuk. Even his name; it's just fun to say. But did you know it means "love's embrace"? Now, would you have EVER gotten that out of Habakkuk? Sounds more like a cat choking on a hairball. :) But to me, that's one more indication of God's ability to make beauty from anything - no matter how we see it or what we think about it. And after reading Habakkuk's book, yeah, I feel that loving embrace.

The theme of this beautiful book is 'Faith'. Habakkuk has questions - I can already relate, can't you? - about why God lets evil even happen in HIS world. Will God ever fix this horrible place where Satan is the prince of the power of the air? Will justice EVER be served?

And then... there's chapter 3. This beautiful poetic book ends with such confidence! I won't take the time to quote the entire chapter, but let me encourage you to not only read chapter 3, but the entire book of Habakkuk this week. You will be encouraged, I promise!

For today, this is my ROCK:


"Though the fig tree may not blossom,
Nor fruit be on the vines;
Though the labor of the olive may fail,
And the fields yield no food;
Though the flock may be cut off from the fold,
And there be no herd in the stalls--
Yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will joy in the God of my salvation.

The Lord God is my strength;
He will make my feet like deer's feet,
And He will make me walk on my high hills."

Habakkuk 3:17-19 (NKJV)

YES!! I will PRAISE Him!!

1 comment:

Vicki said...

Good morning, Jan! Came here via your link through our writers' group online. What a joy-filled post! I love Habakkuk, especially the portion you shared here. God bless you.

Praising Him,
Vicki